31 July 2016

Knights?

My teenage self: romantic fantasies of glittering knights come to sweep me off my feet. Love, romance, castle, children and happily ever after.



Wise, old self's advice to teenage self: Knights in modern times are the stuff of fantasy. If you drop your handkerchief, some guy will blow his nose on it and hand it back to you. They won't have a clue about romantic favour. The only way you'll get swept off your feet is if you buy your own broom, turn it horizontally and imagine flying about on it. There will be suitors. They'll be many. However most will be unsuitable. Those that make your soul sing won't offer anything solid. Those offering solid will leave you cold with boredom.

Be your own hero. Value yourself. Everything in romance is transitory.

5 comments:

  1. Two marriages down and I still think I'm a Knight.. Probably more of a Squire in reality and the sweeping I do is with a broom (well a cordless Dyson to be specific).

    Don't give up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you anonymous commenter. I'll never give up. Just a few moments of jaded. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I meant to post my name - it's Chris.

    Glad to hear it, you come across as one of the good ones and the world needs those! Jaded is ok, in those moments I take solace from the sage tones of Eddie Van Halen and know that everything can and will change in a moment, what you thought you knew you no longer know :-) I'm sure you have your own Eddie?

    Ta for the kisses, they're always nice! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Chris.

    I have various Eddies. I have Sleepless in Seattle, The Lake House, Grimes, Joan Baez.....

    Have some more kisses xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Highlighted post

Feelings start

~Something visceral And beautifully wild Shimmering ripples Beginning inside Not just body Or even heart You sing the songs Th...

Popular content